Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading end-to-end IT and business consulting services provider. With eight onshore delivery centers employing 1800 members, CGI’s Waterville center is the perfect mix of corporate opportunities and support with a small town feel. Located in the heart of downtown Waterville, easily accessed by two exits off Interstate-95, CGI’s Waterville delivery center is the first such center in the area, aligning with the region’s economic and cultural revitalization goals. Our office is located within walking distance of shops, cafes, restaurants, community parks, and the local farmers market. We embrace ongoing training, continued education, flexible hours, and an innovative tech-oriented work environment. Members participate in CGI social clubs and community outreach programs. CGI Waterville is passionate about CGI’s corporate mission, “To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of.”
If you are an experienced hands-on Software Developer Engineer in Test (SDET) with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have exciting opportunities to build your career.
We are looking for a SDET to support CGI’s clients in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle. You will be part of a dynamic Agile team using a human center design approach to develop AWS based applications.
Support the design, implementation and testing of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and align to overall Architecture
o Set up, maintain and operate test automation frameworks
o Perform automated testing
o Develop with a test first development mindset
o Participate in design reviews
o Participate in test automation tool development
o Perform performance testing
o Participate in CI/CD activities
o Work with deployment team and resolve system issues
o Support the direction to the Scrum Team
• 2-5 years development experience
• Experience in Agile / DevOps process management methodology
• Prior AWS Development experience preferred
• Experience with testing frameworks such as Spock and Cucumber or similar technologies
• Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and Behavioral Driven Development (BDD)
• Experience testing front-end UIs and services
• Expected to perform front-end or middle tier development especially around test automation
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate testing concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other team members including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Development 2-5 Intermediate
TDD/BDD 2+ Intermediate
Agile 2+ Intermediate
Testing Frameworks 2+ Intermediate
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.