Join our team! The Kennebec Valley YMCA is currently searching for a Finance Director that oversees and manages financial matters, investments and information systems. Provides direction and leadership for YMCA business operations and strategic initiatives. Assists with development of policies and ensures their implementation.
1. Associate's or Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or equivalent
2. 2+ years of finance experience
3. Knowledge and understanding of general business matters required including budget financing instruments.
4. Knowledge of computer systems, including experience with systems selection, new system implementation and project management. Personal computer skills required.
5. Previous experience with voluntary/nonprofit organizations preferred.
1. Monitors monthly financial operations, prepares analysis and reports, and gives guidance to executive and operating staff. Works closely with operations staff on issues that affect financial outcomes.
2. Manages the staff and oversees the operations of the accounting/finance, information systems and other assigned departments.
3. Works directly with assigned committee (s) of the board (Finance, Insurance, Investment, Audit) Develop policies, monitor their implementation and meet the related needs of the board.
4. Reviews, updates, and /or develops internal control systems for the YMCA and oversees the internal audits which check for compliance on a variety of policies and standards. Provides recommendations for improvement.
5. Oversees and certifies the annual audit and meets periodically with the outside auditors to maintain communications and keep them informed of changes in the YMCA. Ensures that current accounting standards and legal requirements are met.
6. Manages investments, under the direction of the Investment Committee, and within the risk of tolerance expressed by the board via the asset allocation policy.
7. Develops performance indicators and measurement system for tracking strategic plan objectives. Evaluates current business models and leads efforts to modify or redesign business models where necessary.
8. Oversees the preparation of reports to governmental agencies. Provide information for annual tax returns.
9. Oversees the development of the annual operating budget. Works closely with operations staff to ensure that branch budgets are well-planned, realistic, and prepared in a timely manner.
10. Manages, maintains and/or monitors all banking and financing relationships.
11. Maintains all necessary records and accounting reports and records all transactions on a timely basis.
12. Maintains good working relationships with auditors, bankers, investment counselors, attorneys and other professionals’ advisors.
13. Represents the YMCA with key community organizations and events as required.
14. Preparation of bank reconciliations
15. Maintain and control fixed asset records. Preparation of depreciation schedules.
16. Preparation of monthly journal entries.
17. Preparation of monthly financial statements. Assist CEO monthly financial and variance rationale for the Finance Committee.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $55,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Augusta, ME 04330: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Accounting: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person