Established in 2020, STEVE SMITH Trial Lawyers is one of Maine’s fastest-growing law firms. We’re expanding our practice and have an opening for a talented full-time Litigation Attorney. We are seeking an attorney with a passion for Criminal Law, and new attorneys are encouraged to apply! The ideal candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong technology skills, and be highly organized and detail oriented. This Litigation Attorney will be responsible for representing clients, preparing, and drafting legal documents on behalf of clients, advising clients on business and legal transactions, negotiating settlements for legal disputes, complying with all legal standards and regulations, and performing administrative and managerial functions related to the practice of law.
- Juris Doctor Degree.
- The candidate must be highly motivated, enthusiastic, aggressive, and energetic.
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent legal research skills and familiarity with legal documents.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to build rapport with clients.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and meet deadlines.
- Able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Adobe, Zoom.
Job Type: Full-Time
Pay: $60,000 +
Benefits: Competitive Benefits Package
NO VACCINE OR MASK REQUIREMENT
Work Location: Downtown Augusta, Maine
Schedule: 8-hour shift, Monday to Friday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $60,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
Work Location: In person