Psychologist III / Psychiatric Inpatient
Riverview Psychiatric Center is seeking a full-time clinical psychologist to provide a full range of psychological services within an adult inpatient setting, including group and individual psychotherapy, psychological testing, treatment program development, and staff consultation. This is an opportunity to join a group of highly motivated skilled professionals who are devoted to providing state-of-the-art mental health care utilizing a Recovery Model of treatment.
Our relatively smaller organization offers the unique opportunity to make a profound difference in the lives of the patients we serve while supporting an easily achievable work / life balance.
· a Ph. D. or PSY.D in clinical or counselling psychology from an A.P.A. accredited doctoral program, or its equivalent, and must be license eligible as a psychologist in the State of Maine (a postdoctoral fellowship is a requirement to obtain a Maine State Psychologist License).
· Two (2) years of experience as a clinical psychologist, including one (1) one year of which may have been an internship. Preference will be given to applicants who have experience working with patients with severe personality disorders and / or forensic treatment settings.
· Work well in a team and be enthusiastic and dedicated to providing compassionate care
· 10 hours a month accrual rate vacation leave
· 8 hours a month accrual rate sick leave
· 12 paid holidays a year
· State paid value of Group health, dental, life, etc.
· additional benefits included
Our 92-bed hospital campus is located on the majestic Kennebec River in Maine’s capital city of Augusta, host to a new state of the art high school, world class cancer care center, and exciting redevelopment of our riverfront and downtown area.
Its central location offers the ability for day trips to Boston and North Conway or an hour’s drive south will bring you to the award-winning city of Portland, known for its rich cultural experience.
From meetings to mountains - enjoy small town living without sacrificing the essential urban perks.
Riverview Psychiatric Center, in collaboration with the community, is a center for best practice, treatment, education and research, for individuals with serious, persistent mental illness, and co-occurring substance use disorders. We hold accreditation's by CMS and the Joint Commission.
Our employees are our greatest asset. We strive to create an environment built on collaboration, integrity of care, and the core belief of lifelong learning through the continuance of skill enhancement and professional growth development.
We have a burgeoning collaboration with national and international experts in psychiatry, support a growing and wide variety of teaching and training programs, and have a collegial, supportive medical staff and hospital administration.
We are committed to employee engagement and value both our clinical and non-clinical employees by recognizing the unique talents and strengths each member brings forward while celebrating our unified efforts in being a Center of Excellence.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $69,555.00 - $89,606.00 per year
In order to mitigate risk of COVID19 coming into our facility all employees are screened and masks are provided. Admissions are carefully vetted and quarantined. There are no floats between units at this time.