Woodlands Senior Living, LLC has immediate openings for an Accounting Director to support multiple senior living communities throughout the State of Maine from our Waterville consulting office.
Woodlands Senior Living is a Maine-based, family-owned-and-operated organization that provides the people of Maine a trusted partner in assisting living and memory care. An unwavering commitment to the well-being of the residents we serve has-and always will be-our highest priority. Our mission is to make each day the best day possible for every resident we serve.
The role of the Accounting Director is to direct the Company’s accounting functions and financial reporting activities in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, cost reimbursement and regulatory requirements, and with the policies and procedures of the Company. This includes:
- Accounts payable/receivable
- Managing cash and the Company’s position
- Manage MaineCare billing and cost reporting processes (2 years preferred minimum experience)
- Preparation of financial statements and cost reports
- All other aspects of financial management, including, but not limited to:
- A compliant system of accounting policies and procedures
- Reporting of all accounting data
- Liaison, together with the Chief Operating Officer, to financial lenders, preparing standard, formal financial reports.
The Accounting Director will report to the Chief Operating Officer and supervise a team accounting specialists. They will provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; creating and promoting a positive work environment.
- Must possess a minimum of a BA/BS degree in Accounting, Finance or related major and 3 years of experience in financial management.
- Must possess necessary knowledge of accounting and business management principles and practices, arithmetic, algebra, statistics and their applications.
- Must be able to gain understanding of government reimbursement rules and procedures.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Must possess excellent computer skills.
- Must possess a current valid license to operate a vehicle in the state of Maine.
To apply online, visit: https://recruiting.paylocity.com/recruiting/jobs/Details/495419/Woodlands-Senior-Living/Accounting-Director