Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading end-to-end IT and business consulting services provider. With eight onshore delivery centers employing 1800 members, CGI’s Waterville center is the perfect mix of corporate opportunities and support with a small town feel. Located in the heart of downtown Waterville, easily accessed by two exits off Interstate-95, CGI’s Waterville delivery center is the first such center in the area, aligning with the region’s economic and cultural revitalization goals. Our office is located within walking distance of shops, cafes, restaurants, community parks, and the local farmers market. We embrace ongoing training, continued education, flexible hours, and an innovative tech-oriented work environment. Members participate in CGI social clubs and community outreach programs. CGI Waterville is passionate about CGI’s corporate mission, “To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of.”
If you are a hands-on Software Developer with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have exciting opportunities to build your career.
We are looking for a Software Developer to support CGI’s clients in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle. You will be part of a dynamic Agile team using a human center design approach to develop AWS based applications.
Support the design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and aligned to overall Architecture. Key activities will include
o Develop with a test first development mindset
o Participate in design reviews
o Support execution of development and testing activities
o Participate in CI/CD activities
o Support the direction to the Scrum Team
• Less than 2 years development experience
• Prior AWS Development experience a bonus (or strong interest in learning)
• Prior web application experience a bonus
• Executes testing activities
• Front end focused
• Experience in tuning existing code, identifying memory leaks and rectifying
• Knowledge of Design Patterns
• Experience working in a flexible agile-scrum product development team - Scrum Developer certification is a plus
• Experience with Continuous Integration/ Deployment (CI/CD) tools
• Experience with WordPress a plus
• Good communication skills with the ability to communicate software development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other developers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.