Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading end-to-end IT and business consulting services provider. With eight onshore delivery centers employing 1800 members, CGI’s Waterville center is the perfect mix of corporate opportunities and support with a small town feel. Located in the heart of downtown Waterville, easily accessed by two exits off Interstate-95, CGI’s Waterville delivery center is the first such center in the area, aligning with the region’s economic and cultural revitalization goals. Our office is located within walking distance of shops, cafes, restaurants, community parks, and the local farmers market. We embrace ongoing training, continued education, flexible hours, and an innovative tech-oriented work environment. Members participate in CGI social clubs and community outreach programs. CGI Waterville is passionate about CGI’s corporate mission, “To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of.”
We are looking for a highly motivated and dynamic Scrum Master to join our growing team. The individual in this role would be responsible for overseeing a software development team and working under the Agile Scrum methodology. We are seeking a candidate who has proven leadership skills, the ability to think critically and problem-solve, and a track-record of ensuring project milestones and deadlines are met. Ideally the candidate will be Scrum Master certified and engaged in several Agile programs based on Scrum.
• Responsible for managing CGI delivery activity.
• Act as a leader to our software development team
• Oversee the scrum team and all pre-requisites to scrum team – requirements, data model, design, implementation, QA, and validation of programming code and products
• Facilitate daily scrums, stand-ups, and meetings to monitor project progress and resolve any issues the team may be experiencing
• Shape team behavior through excellent management via the agile method
• Remove project obstacles, develop solutions with team
• Ensure milestones are reached and deadlines are met throughout project lifecycle
• Build strong relationships with stakeholders, application users, and program owners
• Document progress and communicate to upper management and stakeholders
• With the team, ensure that the Team Commitments are met
• 5+ years’ experience in managing application development teams
• Strong communication, interpersonal, planning and issue resolution skills.
• Scrum Master certification, e.g CSM
• Familiar with the most recent (November 2020) Scrum Guide
• Prior experience with AWS a bonus.
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Scrum Master 5+ Advanced
Scrum Master Certified
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.