Founded in 1976, CGI is a leading end-to-end IT and business consulting services provider. With eight onshore delivery centers employing 1800 members, CGI’s Waterville center is the perfect mix of corporate opportunities and support with a small town feel. Located in the heart of downtown Waterville, easily accessed by two exits off Interstate-95, CGI’s Waterville delivery center is the first such center in the area, aligning with the region’s economic and cultural revitalization goals. Our office is located within walking distance of shops, cafes, restaurants, community parks, and the local farmers market. We embrace ongoing training, continued education, flexible hours, and an innovative tech-oriented work environment. Members participate in CGI social clubs and community outreach programs. CGI Waterville is passionate about CGI’s corporate mission, “To create an environment in which we enjoy working together and, as owners, contribute to building a company we can be proud of.”
If you are an experienced hands-on Software Architect with strong problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with business and technical teams in a dynamic environment, we have exciting opportunities to build your career.
We are looking for a Software Architect to support CGI’s clients in all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle. You will be part of and lead a dynamic Agile team using a human center design approach to develop AWS based applications.
Lead the design and implementation of software solutions that meet functional and non-functional requirements and align to overall Architecture. Key responsibilities will also include
• Architecting software applications
• Develop with a test first development mindset
• Participate in design reviews and mentor development team
• Execute development and testing activities
• Participate in CI/CD activities
• Set the direction of the Scrum Team
• Responsible for technical architecture and leading the development team
• 5+ years’ experience designing application architecture and leading development teams
• Strong knowledge of AWS services and prior experience designing and developing serverless solutions on AWS’s platform
• Prior direct experience with front-end tools, such as Angular and React
• Experience with middle tier solutions, such as Node framework
• Experience with AWS Serverless Architecture
• Prior direct experience with back end tools, including MySQL and SQL Server
• Experience with micro-services and containers
• Able to coach other development team members.
• Executes portions of development and testing activity
• Experience in WordPress a plus
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to communicate software architect / development concepts and principles
• Analytical and problem-solving skills
• Strong teamwork skills with the ability to collaborate with other developers including distributed team members
• Contribute to continual improvement by suggesting improvements to all aspects of the development
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Application Architecture 5+ Senior
AWS 3+ Senior
Agile 3+ Senior
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s Degree
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.