POSITION SUMMARY: This position is responsible for ensuring the stability and integrity of the in-house network infrastructure including wired and Wi-Fi components; for planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network infrastructure, software, and communication links; and for supporting Bank products and services.
- Configures and maintains network hardware and software, including routers, switches, firewalls, wireless access points, and other network peripherals as needed.
- Analyzes design and performance of entire network and makes required changes to design of network architecture to meet the needs of the business.
- Optimize performance of all network equipment.
- Manages and maintain point to point VPNs, site-to-site connectivity, and Internet connectivity.
- Manages LAN and WAN infrastructure, static and dynamic routing, and other network technologies including VoIP, VPNs, VLANs, QoS, NAT, and BGP.
- Evaluates network equipment requirements and capabilities and makes recommendations.
- Maintains an accurate inventory of all network equipment and static IP information.
- Manage firmware and software updates for all network equipment.
- Conducts network traffic capture and analysis as needed.
- Restore network services after system failures including troubleshooting root cause and taking corrective actions.
- Establishes network access and security controls.
- Monitors and maintains network stability, collects and analyzes network and memory utilization, and installs and tests software upgrades.
- Backup network device configurations.
- Coordinates third-party maintenance for network hardware, software, and telecommunications services.
- Conduct research on network products, services, protocols, and standards to remain abreast of developments in the networking industry.
- Keep apprised of trends and developments in Information Security, particularly relative to financial services.
- Prepares and maintains documentation of network configurations and structured cabling layouts.
- Develops, maintains, and tests disaster recovery plans.
- Coordinates with Network Systems Supervisor and other department managers to understand and meet business requirements.
- Provides support to and trains users in local area network administration and usage as needed.
- Comply with all Bank policies and procedures and all applicable state and federal banking regulations.
- Assists the Information Technology Manager and Technology Officer with various technology tasks or special projects as assigned.
- Demonstrate reliable attendance and punctuality.
- Work at other Bank branches as needed for customer service, operational, or training purposes.
- Attend and participate in Bank meetings.
- Attend internal and external training to improve skills and knowledge relevant to the network administrator position.
- Understand and fully comply with Kennebec Savings Bank’s Core Values.
Support Bank products/services: Maintain knowledge of current KSB products and services. Actively utilize as many Bank products and services as possible in order to fully understand their features and benefits and to be able to communicate effectively with customers and prospective customers.
Talk to customers and listen for “cues and clues” to determine needs; respond to customer inquiries and evaluate their needs; suggest Bank products/services to customers to meet their needs; make referrals to other Bank personnel as appropriate.
Community/public relations: Actively participate in community organizations and events. Represent the Bank in the community.
Other outside activities: Actively participate in industry trade group meetings and educational programs to remain abreast of current issues and requirements affecting Bank operations and job performance.
POSITIONS REPORTING TO THIS POSITION:
- Bachelor's degree, with a concentration in Computer Science or Information Technology and/or equivalent work experience.
- Certifications and/or knowledge preferred: CompTIA Network+, Palo Alto CNSE or ACE, SonicWall SNA; or 5 or more years' progressively more responsible experience with LAN, WAN, network security, Palo Alto, SonicWall, SilverPeak, HP and Meraki branded equipment.
- Working technical knowledge of current network hardware, protocols, and Internet standards to include NAT, DNS, BGP, MPLS, IPSEC and VPN technologies.
- Experience with TCP/IP network protocol and sub netting.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license, the use of a serviceable automobile that is properly registered and proper liability automobile insurance as required by state law.
- Must be available for on-call/pager support and after-hours support, project and maintenance work.
- Must have strong written communications skills, including letter and report-writing ability.
- Must have ability to present ideas in user-friendly language.
- Must be able to lift boxes of computer supplies of approximately 40 pounds.
- Must be able to stand or sit for extended periods of time.
- Must be able to spend extended periods of time operating a computer keyboard and working at a computer monitor.
- Must be able to communicate clearly by telephone and have good listening ability and skills.
- Must have strong analytical and critical thinking skills; must have ability to conduct research into networking issues and products as required.
- Must be able to prioritize and organize workflow; must have good attention to detail; must be able to handle multiple jobs.
- Must have a high degree of ethics and maintain confidentiality of customers and accounts.
- Must be friendly, courteous and sensitive to the needs of customers and coworkers.