- Must be at least 18 years old
- Must have physical and mental ability to perform all roofing tasks as required
- Ability to learn equipment names and their basic use (Do not operate)
- Ability to learn and retain product descriptions and their general use
- Ability to learn, understand, and adhere to company policies
- Ability to learn, understand, and adhere to company safety procedures at all times
- Ability to learn and retain general knowledge of safety laws set forth by OSHA
- Ability to perform specific roofing tasks with assistance
- Ability to learn the safety monitoring system
- General knowledge of material handling
- Able to use simple hand tools i.e. hammer, utility knife, tape measure, and chalk line.
- Ability to communicate effectively. Communications include listening, speaking and written as well as ability to take oral instruction
- Ability to climb ladders and work at heights
- Physical ability to lift and maneuver heavy weighted objects
Supervised By: Foreman, Assistant Foreman, or Roofing mechanic (short periods)
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all duties and tasks assigned by Foreman, Asst. Foreman, or Roofing Mechanic under authorization of Foreman
- Responsible for being at work, ready, and properly dressed at appointed time
- Responsible for company tools and equipment in their care and custody
- Helping set up project sites including equipment and scaffolding.
- Helping to protect project site including setting up safety related equipment.
- Assist in the removal and disposal of debris created from removing existing roofing systems.
- Assist in the clean-up and maintenance of project sites in neat and clean order.
- Observing how projects work and continuing to learn and build their personal skills.
- Learn how to work safe on projects sites.
- Moving materials on project sites. This may include moving materials into position for installation.
- Responsible to use all personal protective equipment provided for your protection
- Responsible to report any unsafe condition or act to a foreman, asst. Foreman or supervisor immediately