MaineGeneral is looking for a highly motivated Administrative Director. Reporting to the Chief Practice Officer, this position is responsible for oversight of our Physician Practice division. The Administrative Director provides direction and strategic planning for the assigned division, ensuring efficient and effective operations and alignment with organizational mission and goals. This position is responsible for building and maintaining comprehensive service lines with a high level of integration among other services throughout MaineGeneral Health and the community.
The ideal candidate should be an expert in building relationships, with a savvy understanding of the financial aspects of patient care. This person will collaborate closely with senior leaders, financial personnel, planning and strategy experts as well as marketing professionals to steer business. The Administrative Director will support and oversee the operations of high-volume outpatient practice service lines, providing leadership and guidance to a staff that will make you proud within one of Maine’s award-winning “Best Places to Work.” This position serves as a role model for maintaining a culture of excellence, encouraging staff to create LEAN efficient best practices to provide exceptional patient care each and every day.
- Oversees operations of the assigned division of MaineGeneral to ensure program growth, the highest level of patient care and experience, employee development, medical staff relations, and financial success.
- Collaborates with executive leadership to identify operational or policy issues, develops and implements solutions and evaluates effectiveness of actions taken. Develops new policies and procedures as needed to ensure compliance with professional/regulatory and organizational standards and requirements.
- Contributes to and implements the strategic plan and operational targets to achieve financial, quality, service, growth and people performance goals. Benchmarks and analyzes key performance indicators and adjusts operations in order to meet established goals.
- Communicates plans and goals for future action, working with leaders in developing and implementing plans for services, setting priorities, assigning responsibilities, establishing timeframes and monitoring outcomes.
- Participates effectively in the planning and development of multidisciplinary, cross-departmental programs.
- Master's degree in Business Administration or related field strongly preferred.
- At least five years of experience in healthcare.
- A minimum five years of supervisor/managerial experience.
- Proven track record of building teams
- Proven track record of positive relations will medical staff
Have questions? Contact our recruitment team at