MaineGeneral is looking for a highly motivated, skilled team member to join our team as an Internal Coding Audit Director. This position will plan and perform procedures to audit and monitor for completeness and accuracy, while complying with rules and regulations. Our ideal candidate will have expert Coding knowledge, exceptional critical thinking and analytical skills, and natural leadership ability.
- Directs the department's activities and resources to ensure alignment with the mission, values, and objectives of the department and organization.
- Develops and implements departmental goals, plans and standards consistent with the administrative, legal and ethical requirements/objectives of the organization.
- Assists in management and evaluation of departmental operations, including information technologies, service level determination and complaint management, to achieve performance and quality control objectives.
- Leads the management of enterprise risk identification, risk analysis, risk control, and mitigation response.
- Participates in risk management and mitigation process for the organization.
- Assists with the preparation and evaluation of departmental budgets, and ensures that the department operates in compliance with allocated funding. Coordinates and directs internal audits.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or a related business field is strongly preferred
- CPMA (certified professional medical auditor) required
- At least five years of progressive audit and/or coding experience is preferred
- Knowledge of ERM is strongly desired
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Must have the ability to work independently, prioritize tasks and handle multiple deadlines and projects
- Competitive Benefit package including Health, Dental, and Disability options
- Generous earned time program
- Retirement plans with employer match
- Robust employee wellness program
For more information or questions about staff positions, please contact our Recruitment Team by emailing or calling (207) 861-3440.