Seeking Part-time Lodge/Banquet Manager
Augusta Elks Lodge #964 – Augusta, Maine
Ensure that the day to day operation of the Lodge is run in an efficient, profitable and professional manner.
Job Description: Augusta Elks Lodge (BPOE) #964, located at 397 Civic Center Drive in Augusta, Maine, is currently seeking a Part-time Lodge/Banquet Manager to oversee and supervise its social area operations, including marketing of the Lodge. This position reports directly to House Committee Chair. This is a paid hourly position, with a minimum of 24 hours and maximum 32 hours required each week.
Lodge/Banquet Manager Responsibilities:
- Run the day to day operation of the Lodge
- Market Lodge facilities
- Augusta Elks website
- Local Chambers of Commerce
- Provide quality customer service to Lodge members and individuals/groups renting space in our Lodge and provide routine, detailed informational assistance to a diverse customer base
- Meet with clients and coordinate social event schedules within the Lodge area
- Greet clients at beginning of each event
- Order security for non-member events
- Invoice for events
- Supervise maintenance staff (set up and take down of function room)
- Liaison for contract labor, including kitchen and janitorial operations
- Order and maintain all linens, paper stock, and office supplies
- Liaison to Board of Trustees for equipment failures, including but not limited to HVAC and kitchen equipment
- Responsible for all employment activities, subject to approval from the House Committee, associated with the maintenance staff, to include hiring, progressive discipline as needed, and termination.
- Other duties as assigned
Lodge/Banquet Manager Qualifications
- The successful Lodge/Banquet Manager must pass a background check and be knowledgeable of the rules and regulations governing private Lodge liquor licenses and bingo/raffle licenses in the State of Maine
- Computer literate (social media, etc.)
- Quality customer service skills
- Experienced in the Lodge operations of a fraternal organization
Augusta Elks Lodge #964 is an Equal Opportunity Employer provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please apply via email to:
Contact: Kathy Hunt 207-242-9186