The Precast Manager oversees all aspects of producing underground, architectural, structural precast.
- Work with department managers and executives to plan and schedule production operations. Communicate production schedules and related information to department supervisors and other leadership.
- Read drawings and production schedules to ensure materials and other resources are in place and projects start on time.
- Oversee inventory of plant materials and maintenance of machines and equipment.
- Ensure that all aspects of quality are in accordance with all standards.
- Conduct research and development of processes and strategies as needed.
- Track and report production data.
- Comply with and enforce all company policies, procedures, and safety requirements.
- Work with sales, safety, shipping, and project managers to troubleshoot problems and provide the customer with high quality products and service.
- Participate in hiring, discipline, and other personnel matters as needed.
- Be a hands-on manager with daily presence in the production areas.
- Design and implement training programs for Precast plant personnel.
- Be a driver of continuous process improvement.
- Maintain an effective housekeeping program to ensure a safe and productive work environment.
- Accountable for the successful execution of each project, meeting time and budget goals.
- Participate in Safety Committee meetings and enforce the use of safety equipment while providing full support to Safety Director.
- Oversee physical testing and visual inspection. Be responsible for the quality assurance on all projects in keeping with the quality standards of the company
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions.
- Drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes.
- Oversee all daily operations of the plant from production and manufacturing to ensuring policies and procedures are followed.
- Participate actively in the bid review process and offer objective assessments for the manpower requirements and production rates which can be achieved.
- Must have strong team building, decision-making and people management skills.
- Plan, organize, direct, and run optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations.
- Plan for plant capabilities related to sales forecast.
- Understand the sales process and provide support with customer inquiries.
- Ability to create bids/estimates for customers.
- Ability to create production drawings for product manufacturing.
- Oversee maintenance of molds and precast equipment.
- Facilitate plant maintenance (scheduling production maintenance on mixers, testing equipment, and air compressor).
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Inspecting and verifying the accuracy of dimensions and condition of molds
- Verifying batching, mixing, material handling, placing, consolidating, curing, product handling and storage procedures
- Verifying the proper fabrication and placement of reinforcement, and quantity and location of cast-in items
- Inspecting tensioning operations to ensure conformance with specified procedures
- Preparing or evaluating mix designs
- Taking representative test samples and performing required tests
- Inspecting finished products for conformance with shop drawings, approved samples, and project requirements; confirm products are complying before they are shipped to the project site
- Preparing and maintain complete quality control records.
- Reviewing daily performance standards of employees in Precast; provide coaching when necessary.
- College Degree preferred
- (5) Years related experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- PCI or NCPA Certifications
- Excellent organizational skills, communication skills (oral and written), the ability to multi-task, and work well in a team.
- Ability to mentor and develop employees within the plant; cultivate and promote from within the culture.
- Strategic thinking and forecasting experience
- Dependable, responsible, and accountable
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to read blueprints, be familiar with construction techniques, understand transportation and handling equipment used for the finished product. Must be able to supervise, direct and schedule plant personnel and equipment in a manner that will achieve set goals and objectives.
- Math skills for use in estimating, planning, and reporting. Must have a strong mechanical aptitude to apply to the practical side of production, mechanical drawings, and proposals.
- Must have prior precast experience.
- Covid vaccination required
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Belgrade, ME 04917: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- Covid vaccination is required. Would this be a problem for you?
- Do you have prior concrete precast experience?
Work Location: In person