Kennebec Valley Chamber of Commerce
The Kennebec Valley Chamber events are fully supported by our member sponsors. If you are interested in being a major sponsor for an event, please click below and review our opportunities. We are extremely grateful for the continued support we recieve from this community.
1. Annual Awards Banquet: This event, now 38 years old, honors business and organization leaders in the KV Chamber region. Some 820 attended the January 23, 2015 event celebrating the hard work, success and community involvement of nine businesses/organizations and individuals. This is a high-quality event with short videos of winners, very short speeches and great marks for an exciting business/social network event. Sponsor benefits are numerous in print, on line and live. A benefits package will be provided. Major sponsor fee is $5,000. – Currently Accepting Sponsors for 2016
2. Business Insider Breakfast Seminar: These special monthly Member breakfast sessions feature topical speakers and excellent business networking opportunities. They are held every month except July and are videotaped for broadcast on television and /or social media for Members and public. Major Sponsor fee is $5,000. – Currently Accepting Sponsors for 2016
3. Women’s Business Network: This KV Chamber event is a very popular monthly (except July and August) luncheon program for women of the Chamber. Men are also welcomed. The network event begins at 11:30, includes lunch and a speaker (always a successful business/organization woman with a great inspirational story to tell) at 12 noon. Adjourns at 1 pm. Major sponsor fee is $5,000. – Currently Accepting Sponsors for 2016
4. CYNERGY – Young Professionals: The Chamber’s Young Professional organization fosters professional development, social opportunities and community involvement for 21 through 40 year olds. This network of younger professionals provides opportunities for them to learn their community better, to make long term commitments to support the community and its economy and to attract other young people to the area. 2015-2016 currently offering a co-sponsor for $2500.
5. Business-After-Hours Receptions: These monthly free-for-member receptions are hosted by a Chamber business in conjunction with the Chamber. These business networking events run from 5 to 7 pm at the host’s location often with 100 to 200 guests. Host pays Chamber a small fee; program includes welcome from Chamber, brief remarks from host and prize drawings with a local radio personality. Major sponsor may provide special drawing prize. Major sponsor is recognized as year-long sponsor in various publications and on line. Fee is $5,000. CURRENTLY AVAIALABLE FOR REMAINDER OF 2015.
6. Business Insider Newsletter: This monthly KV Chamber publication is the principal mailed communication product to members, carrying news of businesses, upcoming Chamber events and helpful information. The Business Insider is also published at the chamber web site, www.AugustaMaine.com. Major sposor fee is $5,000.
7. Kennebec Leadership Institute: This is a four-month-long intensive leadership training pro-gram for individuals of all ages who want to increase their leadership skills to grow in their business in their volunteer organizations and in many cases in elected offices. KLI has been successfully operated by the Chamber in conjunction with the University of Maine at Augusta for 29 years. Graduates receive CEU’s from UMA and may receive formal credits if desired. The program has graduated more than 400 students since inception. Currently two major sponsors include Kennebec Savings Bank and Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield. Major sponsor fee is $5,000.
8. Member Appreciation Day: This is a special day, usually in April, when some 70 to 80 Chamber volunteers meet for a breakfast meeting at the Civic Center. After a short training session the volunteers gather some 600 gift bags and address cards and spend the next few hours visiting most of our members in the region. They deliver the gift bags, offer a Thanks for Membership and complete a short survey form to provide valuable Member feedback. Major sponsor fee for this event is $1,500.
9. Whatever Family Festival: Now 38 years old,Whatever is a two-week-long Free Family Fun Festival, from mid-June through July Fourth, featuring the Kids Day in Capitol Park festivities with some 60 to 80 free events and activities. This is the Chamber’s largest fund-raising activity during the year and we usually have four or five Major Sponsors at the $5,000 level and scores of businesses supporting this program at lower levels. We will be happy to provide a full Sponsor Benefits list if you are interested in Whatever. Incidentally, Whatever started in 1978 with a crazy Kennebec River craft race from Augusta to Gardiner to celebrate the recovery of the river and the vibrant communities surrounding it. In the 1990’s we converted it to a “greener and cleaner" (and safer) celebration with emphasis on free activities and entertainment for kids. Many of the thousands and thousands of kids who attend Whatever’s Kids Day are kids who will never get to see Disney World. Whatever is a special gift to the community by the businesses and organizations
of the Chamber. Major sponsor fee is $5,000.
10. Leadership Golf Tournament: The KV Chamber’s annual Golf Tournament in early July at the August Country Club is designed to assist in the operation of the Kennebec Leadership institute. This is a popular networking/social event including a banquet and prizes. Major sponsor fee is
11. Business to Business EXPO: This exciting and highly successful annual business and organization networking event is held each October at the Augusta Civic Center. Some 75 businesses and organizations of the Chamber exhibit their services and wares for a networking-exhibition event open to members and the public. The program runs from 4 pm to 7 pm and includes free food and a cash bar. More than $6,000 in prizes are offered to participants, including a $1,000 cash raffle. Major sponsor fee is $5,000. Currently accepting 2015 sponsors.
12. Web Site / Technology Sponsor: The Chamber has undergone a major technology upgrade in this year and is seeking a Web Site Technology sponsor or sponsors. This upgrade cost between $8,000 and $10,000. Therefore the Chamber would look for one sponsor at $8,000 or two at the $5,000 level. Benefits of this sponsorship would include a two-year full banner ad on the web site (which currently averages some 1,000 visits per day). The Major Sponsor(s) would also be featured in the monthly newsletter and in the bi-monthly two-page spreads featuring the KV Chamber in the Kennebec Journal. Currently accepting sponsors.